The link of singular and plural versions of a keyword phrase to various types of web pages is a well-known topic but not really conferred about. Google’s John Mueller discussed in a general manner. He discussed it in a simple way.
Reasons why Google rank singular and plural keywords differently:
- Plural versions of a keyword may present search intent for multiple products or a comparison of various service providers explained by Google’s John Mueller.
- When a user checks with a plural, for some results it means that they wish to result of look of sites or variation of products. This is why the client of the SEO inquires about the ranking with a category page for the plural search phrase. The category page quenches the search intent for a listing of multiple products that are present in the plural version of the keyword phrase. In his opinion, it’s best to let the search engine output pages explain what the search intent is and then rank right page for that search intent.
- Generally problem is faced by SEO in that the category page is for the plural form of a search phrase and a blog article positioned for the singular. The association of singular and plural versions of a keyword phrase to various of a web page is something many are aware of but not really explained all that much.
- Trying to elucidate a page that’s not broken could actually result in losing rankings for one of the keyword types since it’s been amended for something it’s not really changed for.
- Mueller also speaks of the hurdles. For example, the required page can be not presented upon request, as well as another may be shown instead.
- Kinds of web pages linked with the singular and plural types of a keyword phrase to various (general versus specific) is something many have recognized about but not really conferred all that much. Google’s John Mueller explained that plural versions of a keyword may explain search intent for various products or a comparison of different service providers.
- You can also analyse user intent yourself. Avoid linking the page to both Google keywords, instead, give importance to what the user might mean by each of them. It is essential to do this before making any alteration to the page, if the change is not done then there is a chance of losing your rank.
Video with the answer from John Mueller
How to Select Keywords’ Forms Depending on User Intent?
The best process is to pay attention to what Google is aiming at and evolve how to lead a customer to your page depending on SERP (Search Engine Result Page). As a result, we can summarize that although particular tips and tools are important, the Google algorithm does not work precisely. The primary thing is not SEO techniques, but the motif of the user. BERT is prepared on thousands of other cases and marks it well.
It is better not to aim at grammatical types and endings because in maximum cases, it does not even consider an important factor.